January 17, 2021
Cloud Operations Engineer
- First line response for datacenter and regional office technical incidents. These will include but are not limited to handling endpoint, performance, hardware, network and application issues.
- Coordination of critical incident handling together with subject matter experts.
- Knowledge base maintenance.
- Meeting business objectives and team targets as per defined SLO.
- On the request handling front, the role entails:
- Learning and executing playbooks as well as established operating procedures to complete service requests within SLO. These include but are not limited to systems, network, and shared services.
- Eliminate toil through automation and process optimization.
- Document and update playbooks
- The leadership team will also assign projects and other duties as the need arises.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience in network configuration and troubleshooting (VPN, DNS, LAN)
- Knowledge in Virtualization
- Project Management Experience
- Familiarity with Server environments, preferably CentOS Linux. Has experience with installation, configuration and management of server systems (Windows server or Linux).
- Experience in solutions integration, tools development, and programming, preferably Python.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- Fast learner and has the ability to adapt to a fast-paced/changing environment.
- A team player that can do cross-team collaboration and communication.