July 24, 2023
Incident Response Analyst (MDR)
As the number of cyberattacks and digital threats continue to grow, our world needs more passionate and innovative individuals who seek to be trailblazers in and shapers of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity landscape.
At Trend Micro, we offer tremendous opportunities that will challenge and equip you to become engineered to do good in whatever path you take. By choosing to be an agent of change, you will be part of an impactful mission that aims to make the world safe for exchanging digital information.
The Incident Response Analyst supports Trend Micro efforts to provide incident response and analytic capabilities to technical support cases submitted to Trend Micro, as well as to the Managed Detection and Response Operations. The Incident Response Analyst has technical knowledge and experience performing incident response, network monitoring, and has performed related malware analysis. The Incident Response Analyst should be a strong leader with the ability to perform multiple types of analysis roles independently or co-working with a Security Operations Center includes providing mitigation recommendations. Finally, the Incident Response Analyst shall at times deliver senior level briefings that address cases or ongoing investigations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all incident response, from detection to incident resolution.
- Serve as a contact point for suspicious and malicious events escalated by technical support cases, as well as from the Managed Detection and Response Operations.
- Perform host and network level analysis to support on-going investigations through incident response.
- Review and analyze technical components of malware and other related threat activities while developing and refining detection criteria.
- Review security events and data sources to develop and refine detection criteria, as well as generate threat intelligence.
- Must be willing and able to travel, when necessary.
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
- Must be able to work 'on call' for incident response.
- Multiple years of experience in a full-time security position, preferably working in IR and threat detection
- Familiarity with Trend Micro products and related technology, like pattern/signature detection, behavioral monitoring, web/email reputation or Trend Micro’s Connected Threat Defense strategy
- Expert use of using Trend Micro tools, products, or technology to manage incidents and perform incident investigations.
- Expert analysis experience or administrator level knowledge of Windows, Mac, or Linux systems
- Experience with log analysis, event correlation and incident management procedures and systems, as well as knowledge of host and network log sources to apply to investigation and IR methodology in investigations
- Previous experience with malware, digital forensics techniques and various commercial and open-source tools is a plus, such as (but not limited to) memory (winpmem) and disk (dd, dclfdd) dumpers, FTK Imager, SIFT Workstation, Volatility Framework, Wireshark, Bro/SiLK, Netflow
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field, or 3 years of relevant experience.
- Aptitude for learning, be self-directed, and be capable of working in a fast-paced operations environment
- Strong abilities to communicate through oral and written methods to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong abilities to interface between multiple departments, with strong customer service skills
- Must be willing to travel as required to respond to an incident (less than 10% travel)
- Must be available to work on-call or off hours as needed to respond to an incident
Be a Trender.