July 24, 2023
Security Analyst (MDR)
As the number of cyberattacks and digital threats continue to grow, our world needs more passionate and innovative individuals who seek to be trailblazers in and shapers of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity landscape.
At Trend Micro, we offer tremendous opportunities that will challenge and equip you to become engineered to do good in whatever path you take. By choosing to be an agent of change, you will be part of an impactful mission that aims to make the world safe for exchanging digital information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic, security events and logs using a security information and event management solution, looking to detect anomalous activity and participate in incident detection and response activities including endpoint and network analysis.
- Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms, evaluating unknown or suspicious activity as well as taking measures to mitigate their impact on availability and productivity.
- Advising incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents, coordinate with threat operations and threat intelligence specialists to resolve significant, high or critical severity level incidents
- Creating and tracking security investigations to resolution
- Composing security alert notifications and other communications
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
- Must be willing and able to travel when required.
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a full-time security position or Information Security operations, preferably in a position involving threat detection.
- Familiarity with Trend Micro products and related technology, like pattern/signature detection, behavioral monitoring, web/email reputation or Trend Micro’s Connected Threat Defense strategy
- Experience with log analysis, event correlation and incident management procedures and systems, as well as knowledge of host and network log sources
- Previous experience with malware analysis, as well as scripting, is desired
- Aptitude for learning, be self-directed, and be capable of working in a fast-paced operations environment
- Strong abilities to communicate through oral and written methods to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong abilities to interface between multiple departments, with strong customer service skills
- Must be available to work on-call or off hours as needed to sustain operations
Be a Trender.