April 22, 2020
Service Desk Engineer
- As a 24/7 Service Desk Engineer, you will be working under the direction of technical team leaders in providing solutions for incident management and request fulfillment. All related tasks are processed and documented using established tools and processes. Members are expected to rotate shifts to cover 24/7 operations.
- First line response for datacenter and regional office technical incidents. These include — but are not limited to — handling endpoint, performance, hardware, network and application issues.
- Coordination of critical incident handling together with subject matter experts
- Knowledge base maintenance
- Meeting business objectives and team targets as per defined SLO
- Learning and executing playbooks and established operating procedures to complete service requests within SLO. These will include but are not limited to – systems, network and shared services.
- Eliminate toil through automation and process optimization.
- Document and update playbooks
Desired Experience and Skills
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in solutions integration, tools development, and programming (PHP, Python, Java, Bash or PowerShell)
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Fast learner and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced/changing environment.
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- A team player that can do cross-team collaboration and communication
- Experience in network configuration and troubleshooting (VPN, DNS, LAN)
- Knowledge in Virtualization and Cloud Computing (VMware, AWS, Azure)