April 11, 2019
Beta Test Coordinator
- Help Beta Project Managers refine existing beta testing processes to optimize tracking and prioritization of issues discovered during testing
- Assist in setting up and managing resources for in-house beta testing activities.
- Review, create and update product documentation by providing necessary input.
- Test Trend Micro Product beta builds, and identify potential problems and risks to ensure that Trend Micro's products are fully-functional and of high quality once officially released.
- Provide direct support to beta testers by way of accurate, detailed, thorough, and timely support practices
- Review test script summaries, and send them to project stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Monitor, measure, identify, and prioritize issues discovered during beta testing.
- Communicate the program's status to testers periodically and as needed; ensure successful beta testing through effective communication.
- Review feedback and bugs reported by testers and work directly with engineering team on reproducing and implementing bug fixes.
- Work with the internal team to prioritize issues, as well as follow-up with Engineering for resolution of those issues.
- Send complete case reports to project stakeholders on a daily basis
- Coordinate and collaborate with different teams globally for beta and other special projects.
- Attend the following product milestone meetings – Beta Entrance, Beta Exit, GM Endorsement - to report the project's status, and participate actively in prioritizing issues to be addressed or resolved before the project exits
- Report directly to the Beta Operations Manager; and work with the Beta Project Manager, Engineering Team, Technical Support, Sales, and other internal and external beta testers.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting and debugging software applications and network setup
- Understands the Software Development Process, Software Release Process and Product Development Life Cycle
- Capable of interpreting Technical Documentation
- Has knowledge and/or experience in Hardware/Appliance- and Unix- platforms, as well as networking setup, administration, and maintenance of said platforms
- Has knowledge and/or experience in Virtualization & Mobile technologies
- Possesses communication and presentation skills, as well as a willingness to develop project management skills
- Is a quick learner, flexible, is able to work and make good decisions with very minimal supervision
- Is a team player, and adapts well to change
- Willing to work the night shift, and be on-call during weekends whenever necessary.
- Possesses a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science & Technology, or an equivalent course.