May 27, 2022
Vulnerability Management Engineer
As the number of cyberattacks and digital threats continue to grow, our world needs more passionate and innovative individuals who seek to be trailblazers in and shapers of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity landscape.
At Trend Micro, we offer tremendous opportunities that will challenge and equip you to become engineered to do good in whatever path you take. By choosing to be an agent of change, you will be part of an impactful mission that aims to make the world safe for exchanging digital information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research newly discovered vulnerabilities in a wide range of software products, hardware, and protocols
- Reverse engineer and research network protocols, file formats, software, and hardware
- Develop and verify proof-of-concept files and exploit code
- Produce reports describing software vulnerabilities and detection of attack vectors
- Monitor security industry publications, news groups and other online sources for newly discovered security vulnerabilities and emerging threats
- Implement new and improve existing tools to automate and streamline the vulnerability research process
- Collaborate with other vulnerability researchers on research, analysis and report production
- Work with customers to handle vulnerability related request pertinent to their operating platform
- Interact onsite with customers to work on vulnerability related requests and/or Trend solution features/issues
- Work with customers throughout the entire vulnerability life-cycle including onboarding new customers
- Other tasks that can be assigned that is related to vulnerability service management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Functional understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and higher-level networking protocols
- Experience in static and dynamic reverse engineering of x86 binaries (amd64 is a plus) and/or assembly language, C/C++ system programming
- Ability to analyze and describe vulnerabilities and attack methods
- Familiarity with tools such as IDA Pro, WinDbg, gdb, LLDB, and Wireshark
- At least two of C/C++, assembly language, Java, Python, and .NET
- Understand software exploitation concepts for a wide range of vulnerabilities
Be a Trender.